Sunday, October 12, 2008

Punkin' Patch


Okay...I'm back on track with my once a week entry. This was a slow week so I feel like I'm getting caught up. I'm not sure I like it slow...seems like business is drying up a bit with all the market craze. I'm anxious to get through the election and get people feeling a little more stable. I'll refrain from telling you who you need to vote for but I just want to get through this election and get SOMEONE in office...in real estate it seems like once the elections are over it's back to business.


I'm here to write about my family...not my work. Sorry. I walked in one day this week and Anne was holding Tinsley and breast feeding while with her other hand she was coloring with Tatum. In the background dinner was cooking on the stove. I told Anne she was now a bonafide mom! It looked like a lot of work.


Tinsley is growing leaps and bounds. She weighted in over 8 lbs and her little cheeks are filling out more each week. She's still quiet as a mouse, wakes up only 2x a night and is being great on our sleep schedules. Tatum is at the coolest age I've experienced yet (everyone tells me every age gets better and better...but I don't know how it can get more fun that this). She is absorbing everything around her and repeating words like crazy. She's really learning to put together words and little sentences. Today I told Tatum "I love you" and she looked up at me and said "I wuv you...too." I swear I almost started crying right there. SO cool.


We're really getting in a good system with feeding the girls and getting Tatum in bed. Tatum still loves bath time and now really wants to "rain Daddy"...which means get in my shower with me. I once threw her in with me so I could shower her off faster. It worked but now every time she comes in my bathroom and I'm in the shower she wants to get in with me. I'm not sure if this is appropriate or not but I'm going to tell it because it's funny. Tatum discovered her "parts" recently and Anne has taught her the correct word for it. So now when you're changing her, she'll point and say "Tay Tay's 'nina'". Well...when we were in the shower she pointed up to me and said "Daddy's nina" I got a kick out of that and felt a little awkward telling her the proper words. While tempted to teach her some funny slang, I thought my wife's sense of humor would not appreciate it so I stuck to the classics. After telling her the right name and not really wanting to go in to too much detail and word repetition I just thought we'd slide on by that one. About a minute later she pointed up again and scrunched up her face in a grossed out little look at said "Daddy's nina......ewwww." Good girl. Boys parts are ewwww. Stay away. We're sticking with that philosophy until she's 25.


Let's see...what else? This week was the TX/OU game and I went up for my annual trip. I stayed with our friends the Golden's and at their house they had the Katz' and the Chasen's and their kids. It was so fun to watch all 3 kids run around and interact. I love watching our friends with kids and seeing all of us learning and enjoying such a new part or our lives. The game was GREAT and we had seats 3 rows off the field. (As I'm typing this I just remembered that I forgot to pay you for the tickets Matt! Check's in the mail...) It's always a super long weekend, and I always get fried in the sun at the game. I really missed Annie and the girls so I decided to go home Saturday night after the game and enjoy a full day Sunday with the family.





On Sunday we went to the Pumpkin Patch at Tarrytown Methodist Church for our photos. It's getting challenging to get a picture of everyone happy and posing...Tatum seems to be runnign all over the place and when you try and corral her it just sends her in to a worse mood...but we did get a few keepers. I bought Anne a "big girl" camera so she can get some really good shots. This was her first picture she took with the camera and look at it! I'm excited to see how she does and I'll enjoy teaching her how to use it. Though, she doesn't seem to like my teaching lessons (see Tennis story) but we'll se how this goes.





We ended the weekend with an awesome dinner at Bistro 88 tonight. The food there was great. I need to remember that place next time we can't think of a place to go. We went with our young, single friends and brought both our girls. I love how excited they always are to play with them and laugh at the things the kids do. Wether it's Tatum chewing her food and then spitting it out and handing it to Anne or Tinsley breast feeding at the table and ripping toots and pooping...they find amusement in all of it. They really are cool to not shun us from hanging out with them and being so great with our girls.


Tatum continues to love the moon. Tonight we got home late (8:30) and when we walked in the house from the garage we went outside to point at the moon. She looks up and says "look Daddy, moon!" She then says "night night Moon", blows a kiss and waves to it. It's priceless. I always tell her "that's Tatum and Daddy's moon."


Well...only 17 more shopping days until my birthday. For those of you that don't have it on your calendar, it's October 29. The Saturday after (November 1) is the big Halloween Party we go to every year and we'll probably do a big dinner somewhere with all my friends. Put it on your calendar and stay tuned for what we come up with.


Oh yea...this week's pictures!!....



Anne took this. Tinsley surrounded by her color. What a cutie!



Tinsley in a milk coma after dinner



Tinsley's first night out on the town . Anne got herself all dolled up. MILFY!



Save the jokes you immature jerks. Fresh out of the bath...actually, this was during the bath.


Just out of the bath. "Wide eyed and bushy tailed" as my parent's would say.



Anne and Tinsley at the Pumpkin Patch



It looks like Tatum's pushing Tinsley down but she was giving her a really sweet pat on the head. She's always loving on her little sister.



The Happy Family.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

What a beautiful family! :) Jealous you were at that amazing game!