Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jet Setting...

So now my wife is all over me to write a blog post.  What the heck!?  Wouldn't it be nice if SHE started a blog and we could keep you doubly informed of what's going on??  Hmmm. 

Here are some videos of Tinsley and Tatum...

Tatum playing in the Mooonwalk:

Tatum dancing at the Macy's Christmas Tree Party:

Tatum and Tinsley:

Tatum talks about the Moon w/ a mouth full of "O-Meal"

Tinsley ALMOST smiling:

SoI've been out of town for almost an entire week.  That never happens, especially not without my wife being with me.  So that's my excuse for not having updated my blog earlier.  You'll notice I have a lot of excuses on here if you read back.  Should be fun to see how long I can keep coming up with them.

2 weeks ago was my 15 year class reunion.  It was really fun.  I loved seeing so many people I hadn't seen or thought of in so long.  It was supposed to end at 8:00 but went until 1am.  We had a ball reliving old time and talking about everyone.  For the kids that came, we rented one of those jumping moonwalk things.  I've never had one at my house and now I want to make it a permanent fixture.  It stayed over the next day until they picked it up and I called everyone I knew with kids and invited them to come over and jump.  Tatum was so cute...she jumped in it that Saturday night.  We named it "Tay Tay's castle."  First thing Sunday morning she was out of bed, came in our room and pulled the curtains back to look out the window and said "TayTay's castle!  Tay Tay jumpin'!"  So off we went for a few HOURS of fun.  It was a blast.  I don't know who had more fun, me or Tatum, but we sure got our money's worth out of it.  Here's a link to a video of her in the moonwalk:

TayTay's Castle.  "Javi", Anne and Tin Tin helping...

At the High School Reunion.  Tatum showing off her fancy denim.

The following week I went to Vegas for an annual boy's trip.  I'm not going to go in to the details of the trip but it was by far the most unbelievable thing I've experienced.  It involved a Gulfstream V airplane out there and back, a party one of our guys threw that rivaled anything you've ever seen and somewhere in there I was told that I was naked in the pool but I don't remember that so am going to pretend it didn't happen.  At what age will it be appropriate to show this blog to my kids!?  I'm thinking about 25.  We had a night that was orchestrated for us and all kinds of fun games, etc.  We had 30 girls (models, not hookers!) that were hired to help us and be our "arm charms" throughout the evening.  They were our Vanna White's of the game-shows we played, they had to run us through Armani at the Bellagio mall and get us dressed as best they could (I lost that competition but did get $2500 of free clothes!) and along the way take breathalyzer tests to ensure they had right amount of liquids in them.  It was all great clean fun...though I'm not sure I want my daughter to be one of those models one day.  We also went to the UFC Couture fight which was my first UFC event and I'm hooked!  It was incredible to see what those guys are allowed to do to each other.  Kind of like a modern day Gladiator event.







I was home for one day and turned around and flew to Napa Valley on another friends plane.  Here we are going broke, not selling any houses while the world's falling apart and I'm getting to jump from airplane to airplane pretending everything's fine.  I was WAY out of my league with all these guys but as you know, I'm quite comfortable there.  Napa Valley...I go there at least once a year to go Race Car driving.  This year 4 of us went (it's usually a lot more) and we had an absolute blast. The first day we toured wineries all day and I learned more than I could ever retain.  I bought a few bottles so I can pretend to know what I'm talking about when I open them.  The next 3 days were dedicated to driving...fast.  We drive open wheel formula 3 cars.  Several pictures are below.  I was the defending champion from last year and if you want to know the truth, I won again this year but the guys kept changing the rules until someone other than me won...oh well.  If you want to know who had the fastest lap time, it was me.  That's what we always go by.  I'll let them enjoy the limelight for a year if that's what it takes to keep them happy.  These cars have 375hp and go about 150mph.  I know that doesn't seem fast but when you're 2" above the pavement pulling 2.5g's going around a curve, believe me, it's fast.  A Ferrari, Porsche or whatever else you can think of is nothing like driving one of these cars.  it's a true race car just like the big boys drive.  
Me and my racing buddies!

What's all this talk about a downturn in the market?  I didn't feel it!  ; )

Suited up and ready.  I LOVE my new helmet everyone got for my birthday.  I wish you could see the skull and crossbones on the back.  Very cool.

Yes, I had to be towed.  A minor spin out but minimal damage!


I got home at midnight Friday night and boy was I glad to be home.  I hadn't seen my wife or kids in a week (other than a 24 hour visit) and was so ready to just plop down and enjoy having them all around me.  Being away always makes me appreciate coming home and despite how much we get annoyed with each other, reminds me how much I love being with my sweetie.  I spent most of Saturday on the floor with Tatum playing with toys and talking about very important things like the moon, her hair bows, her boo-boos on her knees, toes, fingers, cheek, head and anywhere else she can think to point that I need to kiss.  It's so funny...no matter what happens, it's always her ankle that hurts.  I don't think she even knows what her ankle is but as soon as she falls or twists or turns, she says "Daddy, my annnk--el."  I love how fast those big tears dry up with just a kiss.  Saturday night we took a long "rain" together (shower) and read all the books she wanted before going to bed.  While I was away she's learned how to get out of her crib so I think we're in for a new chapter.  Anne is trying to figure out how to dead bolt the door while I can't wait to have her run down the hall and crawl in bed with us.  

Saturday night Anne and I went out for a much needed hubby/wife dinner at Kenichi.  It was good to do something with just the two of us.  Afterwards we met friends at 2 different bars and closed the place down.  God bless our friend and babysitter Joni...she puts up with what has to be the worst babysitting hours on the planet.  Sunday morning I was so excited to have Tatum wake up saying "Daddy Cakes"...which means pancakes.  I made a giant stack of them and we spent 30 minutes trying to eat our way through them.  She loves her Daddy Cakes and just like her Daddy, likes to drown them in syrup.  We have to wait until Mommy's LONG GONE before we can add all the extra toppings and cups of syrup that we need to properly digest them.  

This afternoon Tinsley was cooing and gulping and making all kinds of cute noises.  She's got a lot to say and is really trying to say it early.  I think she wants to keep up with her big sister.  Anne's so great at getting her to talk and smile and play.  I will make it my goal to get it on video this week so you can see it.  Tatum is still great with her and really seems to love and care for her...amazing at such a young at that they "get it."  There is the occasional slap to the head or trying to sit on her...but it's to be expected.  Tin Tin went down for a nap and I was left on Tatum duty in the playroom downstairs.  I was super tired and kept drifting in and out of sleep.  Apparently I fell totally asleep and woke up freaked out that Tatum had escaped.  I shot up off the couch and found her totally conked out face down on the tile floor.  Poor thing.  She was tired too and just stopped in her tracks and took a snooze on the floor. I scooped her up and she got under the covers with me on the couch and we napped together.  That's happened maybe once so I especially cherish the moments when I can hold her motionless and just feel her weight and heartbeat.  God I love being a Dad!  I can't wait for Tinsley to be old enough and I can have them both in my arms and take long naps together.  

Tonight after dinner Tatum was a riot.  I don't know what she ate but it must have been something with a lot of beans in it if you catch my drift.  Whenever Tatum poops and I check her diaper I say "you made some nuggets!" and we change her diaper.  Tonight she was ripping up a storm and I was trying to get her to say "I'm makin' nuggets."  She couldn't say it because she was giggling too much every time she'd let one out.  It was so funny.  She'd be standing there and just let it go and bend over giggling saying "Tay Tay tooted!"  We never did get any nuggets though.  

Well it's Thanksgiving week and I'm looking forward to 5 days at home with my family and hopefully a lot of good laughs.  I love Thanksgiving and Christmas and just being able to veg-out and be a bum.  Several old friends are coming to town and bringing their kids with them.  Hopefully we can get everyone together and watch the kiddos play.
Tinsley being her always happy smiling self.

Me, Tatum and Cross at the Macy's Christmas Tree party.

Tatum put her shoes on herself.  Wrong feet.  I thought she looked like a clown.

Gobble Gobble...

 

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Ah, Cord, you are livin' the life! So glad you are back on the blog--I always love reading your posts. Good luck with those nuggets!
We'd love to play soon--we leave for a week in FL tomorrow and get back on 12/2, so anytime after that. Happy Thanksgiving and love to your sweet girls.

Daddy Cakes® said...

Hey Cord,
I saw your blog because you mentioned "Daddy Cakes" and it was great to read about your great adventures with the G5, racing, real estate comments, and kids...great stuff that needs people like us to make sure the toys don't get too dusty:-)
I have stepped back from real estate projects to take on another passion - "Daddy Cakes®" - Having a lot of fun with it. Check us out at http://www.DaddyCakesBakery.com
Keep Having Fun! (the world needs people like us)

Dan
Daddy Cakes®