Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Waiting...stil...



This will probably be a quick post.  Baby #2 update...no update.  Anne's still waiting and feeling really good but we're both getting really anxious to meet our new kiddo!  We have a Dr. appt on Wed and they'll give us a better idea of what's going on.  Until then, I am still having a blast taking extra care of Anne and Tatum and am deeply grateful for the help of both of our mothers!  This is exhausting but so much fun.  I kind of "crash" every night between 5 and 8 and have been so happy to have extra hands around to help out.

Since the last post I have done one super exciting thing...  For  months, all I have asked of Anne is to not have the baby on Friday...and she didn't...THANK YOU ANNE.  All my race car buddies came to town for a friend's 50th birthday.  All the Austin guys took our cars to do a "Hill Country Drive."  It was awesome.  There were 8 cars and 16 people.  We went out Hamilton Pool Road and up 281 working our way to the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls.  On the way I rerouted the group to a "surprise" and took them to a friend's private airstrip and they let us race the cars up and down the mile runway.  We were supposed to do this for about 15 minutes and stayed upwards of 2 hours.  It was incredible.  Below are pictures of the cars...the end result is that the Ford GT was the fastest.  All our Ferraris and Lamborghinis, etc got up to between 150 and 160 but the Ford GT went over 170 on the mile stretch.  It was one of the most fun things I've done in months and am so thankful to my friends for letting us do that.  The guys that I race with give so much in the way of taking their planes on trips, inviting me to places I otherwise wouldn't be able to go...and I can't afford do to those types of things.  It was so neat for me to be able to give back by setting up an event like the airstrip driving.  They LOVED it.  I got up to around 154 in my car...could have gone faster but decided with 2 babies it was best to finish well in advance of running out of runway so I played it safe.  The difference between 150 and 170 probably wouldn't have mattered anyway!  150+ was good enough for me.  That's definitely the fastest I've ever driven a normal street car.

Aston Martin DB9
Bentley Coupe
Ferrari 360 Modena
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 360 Modena
Ford GT
Shelby Cobra (Original!)
At the track
This is me racing the Lamborghini (I'm in the red car!). We're right at the finish line and doing about 160 MPH. Notice who's winning... 

Saturday night I went to my friend's 50th birthday and listened to live performances by folks such as Bono, Spazmatics (who were my favorite of the night) and Sister Sledge.  It was a hell of a party.  I'm just glad Anne wasn't there to set any expectations of what she might want to do for my 50th!  We couldn't afford just the flowers they had there let alone the food, 2 stages, pool covered by a see through light up dance floor and 20 minutes non-stop fireworks display. Ugh.  

Sunday morning I took Tatum to a friends birthday party at My Gym...we had a BLAST!  Tatum was swinging from the ropes and climbing all over the monkey bars and I think enjoyed the trampoline more than anything.  I loved watching her eyes as she discovered new things and fun sensations of jumping, etc.  

I'll let you know how the Dr. visit goes on Wed!

No comments: